Sunday, February 6, 2011


Ashley
Baby Harris
July 12th, 2010
Lothian, Maryland

My husband and I decided 2 months after we got married that it was time to start a family. After over a year and a half of trying, with the help of Clomid, my 3rd cycle we got our BFP, June 25,2010.  I was happier than I had ever been.  And then the bleeding started.  
 
I called the doctors office daily so worried that something was wrong with our baby, only to be told sometimes you bleed in your first trimester. I went to the doctors and was told you have a urinary tract infection take the antibiotics and you'll be fine. Needless to say the bleeding never stopped. 
 
On July 12,2010 I thought for sure I was having a miscarriage, I was bleeding heavy and cramping really bad. All in a moments time my life changed forever. I went the emergency room to have a sonogram done only to have the screen turned away from me so that I couldn't see my baby. After 4 hours of waiting I was told my baby was in my left tube and I was bleeding internally, that the only way to save my life would be to go into surgery right then and there. 
 
In a matter of minutes I was being taking to the ER prepped for surgery and being told there was nothing they could do to save my baby. Since that dreadful day  I have found out we will never have children naturally, they have to remove my left tube and my left ovary, my right tube is blocked at the uterus. Its so funny how everything was so right and then in a matter of minutes can go so wrong. 
 
I want to get awareness out there about ectopic pregnancy, its something that happens a lot and yet its unspoken of, women are dying because they lack the knowledge of the symptoms. I almost lost my life that day because I was told its normal.

You can contact Ashley at Mrs.Harris_1024@yahoo.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails