To have your story included on Faces of Loss, please follow these instructions:
- Write down the story of your pregnancy and loss. You can make it as short or as long as you would like, as simple or detailed as you feel comfortable with. If it's easier to submit a post from your personal blog as-is, that is great too. Your story may be slightly edited for grammar/spelling and spacing/format. We may also edit profanity, at our discretion.
- At the beginning or end of your story, please include the following information:
- Your first name, your lost child(ren)'s name(s), and their date(s) of birth and death
- Your city/state
- Your blog address, if you have one and would like to share it
- Up to 5 subject categories (for example, "stillbirth," "early miscarriage," "NICU," "Pre-eclampsia,") that fit your story.
- Your email address, if you are open to having other women contact you with questions or for support
- How you found us: Facebook? Twitter? Grieve Out Loud? Another blog? Please let us know!
- Include a photo of (primarily) your face. Please make sure the file is at least 2x3 inches and in JPG format. We will be adding text to the bottom that says, "I am the face of ______." Please let us know what you would like in the blank (for example, "I am the face of stillbirth," or "I am the face of premature birth," etc.) If you don't specify, we'll just come up with something based on your story. :) Note: Please make sure the photo only includes the author of the story (while we realize that there is a father behind every story, we really want to keep the photos to single faces. If the father would like to add his own story and photo, that is wonderful! thanks!)
- Email your story and picture to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use "Story Submission" in the subject line.
What types of stories are accepted at Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope?
We will publish stories dealing with miscarriage (including Blighted Ovums, Molar Pregnancies, Ectopic pregnancies, and Chemical Pregnancies), stillbirth, infant loss, up to age 2 (including SIDS), medical termination or termination because of fatal prenatal diagnosis, and failed adoption. If you are unsure if your story belongs on our site, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
What types of stories are NOT accepted at Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope?
While we realize that elective abortion can be a very painful thing, and many women experience great regret later in life and are in need of support, we are not able to publish these stories on our site. Please visit afterabortion.com or hopeafterabortion.com to connect and find support. Thanks for understanding.
Can I include my living childrens' birth stories in my story?
No. Many visitors to our site have very recently experienced a loss and are not in a place where they are able to read about successful pregnancies/birth stories. There is a section on our forum where you can talk about your living children.
It's been over a week since I submitted my story and I don't see it up on the site. What should I do?
If it's been over a week, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with 'I don't see my story' in the subject line. We will look into it and get back to you as soon as we can!
Thanks again for sharing your story!