Monday, September 6, 2010

Playlist

Hi All,
We asked for your help in creating the ultimate healing/therapeutic playlist on facebook a few weeks ago, and here is what you came up with. Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions!

Here in Minnesota it's cool and cloudy out, and I'm in one of those 'lay in bed and listen to music' moods, so I figured it was the perfect time to compile and post this list, in case there are others out there in a similar mood :)

We'll be linking to this list on the Resources page; please leave additional suggestions in the comments below and we'll get them added. Happy listening! -Kristin

I have included YouTube videos for almost every song today (Sept. 11th). If you have any other songs you want added please email me courtney@facesofloss.com! -Courtney

Faces Playlist:

"A Mother's Prayer"--Celine Dion
"A Visitor From Heaven"--Twila Paris
"Across the Universe"--Rufus Wainwright
"Afterglow"--INXS
"All Good Things (Come to an End)"--Nelly Furtado
"Amazing Grace"--Various Artists (Video selected is by the Celtic Woman)
"Answer in the Sky"--Elton John
"Arms of an Angel"--Sarah McLachlan
"As Long as You Love (Scarlett Wings)"--Cindy Bullens
"Baby Blue"--Dave Matthews Band
"Baby Mine"--Various Artists (Video selected is by Bette Midler)
"Beautiful Boy"--John Lennon
"Beautiful in My Eyes"--Joshua Kaddison
"Beauty From Pain"--Superchick
"Beauty will Rise"--Steven Curtis Chapman
"Believe in Dreams"--Flyleaf
"Be Ok"--Ingrid Michaelson
"Better Than a Hallelujah"--Amy Grant
"Better in Time"--Leona Lewis
"Borrowed Angels"--Kristen Chenowith version
"Breakthrough"--Greg O'Quin
"Breath Me"--Sia
"Bright Eyes"--Art Garfunkel
"Brighter Discontent"--The Submarines
"Bring the Rain"--MercyMe
"Broken"--Lifehouse
"Celebrate the Children"--Alan Pedersen
"Chasing Cars"--Snow Patrol
"Damaged"--Plumb
"Dance for the Dead"--Cloud Cult
"Dancing with the Angels"--Monk and Neagle
"Denn er hat seinen Engeln"-- Mendelssohn
"Dreams Collide"--Colbie Callait
"Encourage Yourself"--Donald Lawrence and Tri-City Singers
"Faith Enough"--Jars of Clay
"Falling Slowly"--The Frames version
"Family"--Dar Williams
"Far Away"--Nickelback
"Fix you"--Coldplay
"Fly"--Celine Dion
"Fly"--Jars of Clay
"For all we Know"--Donny Hathaway
"From Where You Are"--Lifehouse
"Glory Baby"--Watermark
"God Will Take Care of You"--Plumb
"Godspeed"--The Dixie Chicks
"Goin' Through Hell"--Rodney Atkins
"Golden Slumbers" --The Beatles
"Gone Away"--The Offspring
"Gone Too Soon"--Michael Jackson
"Goodbye Baby"--Fleetwood Mac
"Goodnight Kiss"--Dream Theater
"Hallelujah"--Jeff Buckley
"Halo"--Beyonce
"Happy Trails"--Roy Rogers and Dale Evans
"He will Carry Me" --Mark Schultz
"Hear You Me"--Jimmy Eat World
"Heaven in the Face"--Steven Curtis Chapman
"Heavenly Day"--Patty Griffen
"Held"--Natalie Grant
"Hello, Good-Bye"--Michael W. Smith
"Her Diamonds"--Rob Thomas
"Here With Me"--Dido
"Here Without You"--3 Doors Down
"His Eye is on the Sparrow"--Lauryn Hill
"Holding Onto a Dream"--Billy Ray Cyrus
"Homesick"--MercyMe
"Hope Now" --Addison Road
"Hope for the Hopeless"--A Fine Frenzy
"I'll Be"--Reba McEntire
"I'll Be There" --The Escape Club
"I'll Fly Away"--Allison Krauss
"I'll See You Again"--WestLife
"I'll Stand by You"--The Pretenders
"I'm Already There"--Lonestar
"I Give You to His Heart"--Alison Krauss
"I Believe"--Diamond Rio
"I'll Hold You In Heaven"--Stacey Noll
"I Knew I Loved You"--Savage Garden
"I Told the Storm"--Greg O'Quin
"I Will Carry You"--Selah
"I Will Love You"--Fisher
"I Will Not Say Goodbye"--Danny Gokey
"I Will Not be Moved"--Natalie Grant
"I Would Die for That"--Kellie Coffey
"I Would've Loved You Anyway" --Faith Hill
"I Would've Loved You Anyway" --Trisha Yearwood
"If I Could Be Where You Are"--Enya
"If I Die Young"--The Band Perry
"If I Had Only Known"--Reba McEntire
"Into the West"--Annie Lennox
"Iris"--The GooGoo Dolls
"Jesus, Etc"--Wilco
"Jesus Loves Me"--Various Artists (Video is by Whitney Houston)
"Just For You"--Lionel Ritchie
"Kailer's Song"--Adam Wesley
"Kings and Queens"--30 Seconds to Mars
"Last Kiss"--Pearl Jame
"Last of Days"--A Fine Frenzy
"Lean on Me"--Glee Cast
"Let it Be"--The Beatles
"Let it Rain"--Jason Michael Carroll
"Little Earthquakes"--Tori Amos
"Looking Through Your Eyes"--Leanne Rimes
"London Bombs"--Eskimo Joe
"Lucy" --Skillet
"Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)"--Billy Joel
"Mark's Song"--Eastmountainsouth
"Memory"--The Call
"Miss You"--Avril Lavigne
"Much Afraid"--Jars of Clay
"My Name"--George Canyon
"Nobody Knows" Tony Rich Project
"Not a Day Goes By"--Lonestar
"Oh Love"--Brad Paisley & Carrie Underwood
"One More Day" --Diamond Rio
"One More Day"--Rocketclub
"One Sweet Day"--Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men
"Open Your Eyes"--Snow Patrol
"Ordinary Day"--Nick Lachey
"Our Hope Endures"--Natalie Grant
"Praise you in this Storm"--Casting Crowns
"Precious Child"--Karen Taylor-Good
"Say Goodnight" Beth Nielson-Chapman
"Second Chance"--Shinedown
"Show Me How"--Sterophonics
"Silent World"--Donna Lewis
"Sissy's Song"--Alan Jackson
"Sleep"--Eric Whitacre
"Smallest Wingless"-- Craig Cardiff
"Smile"--Natalie Cole
"So Are You to Me"--Eastmountainsouth
"So Hard"--Dixie Chicks
"Solider"--Ingrid Michaelson
"Somewhere Between Heaven and Earth"--Cindy Bullens
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow"--Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
"Sound the Alarm"--Howie Day
"Spark"--Tori Amos
"Still"--Gerritt Hofsink
"Stolen"--Dashboard Confessional
"Sweet Dreams Our Angel"--John Black
"Tears in Heaven"--Eric Clapton
"Tears of the Saints"--Leeland
"The Child is Gone"--Fiona Apple
"The Dance"--Garth Brooks
"The End Where I Begin"--The Script
"The Prayer"--Celine Dion/Andrea Bocelli
"The Wrecking Ball"--Dead Confederate
"There You Are"--Martina McBride
"There is a Reason"--Allison Krauss
"This Woman's Work"--Maxwell or Kate Bush
"Three Little Birds"--Bob Marley
"To Where You Are"--Josh Groban
"To Make you Feel My Love"--Adele Version
"Too Good for this World"--Kevin Burdick
"Unredeemed"--Selah
"View From Heaven"--Yellowcard
"Water on the Moon"--Cindy Bullens
"Watermark"--Enya
"Welcome Home" --Michael W. Smith
"When I Get Where I'm Going"--Brad Paisley
"When I Look to the Sky"--Train
"When the Rain Comes"--Third Day
"When Your Dreaming With a Broken Heart" --John Mayer
"Who You'd be Today"--Kenny Chesney
"Winter Song"--Sarah Barielles & Ingrid Michaelson
"Wish for You"--Faith Hill
"Yellow"--Coldplay
"You'll Be There"--George Strait
"You Won't Ever be Lonely"--Andy Griggs
"You're Not Alone" -- Meredith Andrews
"Your Hands"--JJ Heller

24 comments:

Jen said...

I missed the request for suggestions...I have another one "Unredeemed" by Selah

Anonymous said...

baby blue by dave matthews band

They call me Mommy said...

I missed it too, but for anyone who has lost a baby boy (but could easily be for a baby girl too):

"I Give You To His Heart" by Alison Krauss

Jessica said...

I did not see the post about that. I was already making my own list for my blog. Here are some from mine that I think work well.

"I would die for that" - Kelly coffey
"Watermark" - Enya
"His Eye is on the Sparrow" - Lauryn Hill
"Lean on Me" - Glee Cast
"Damaged" - Plumb
"Believe in Dreams" - Flyleaf
"Tears of the Saints" - Leeland
"God will take care of you" - Plumb
"Hope for the hopeless" - A Fine Frenzy
"Breathe me" - Sia
"The Prayer" - Celine Dion/Andrea B.


http://survivingmiscarriages.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

I would love to link the song titles to YouTube...my e-mail is kvick3@harding.edu. Let me know if y'all still need someone to do that for you!

Anonymous said...

I missed the post for song titles as well. Thought I would share now some additional ones.

Hello, Good-Bye - Michael W Smith
Across the Universe - Rufus Wainwright
Water on the Moon - Cindy Bullens
Somewhere Between Heaven and Earth - Cindy Bullens
As Long as You Love (Scarlett Wings) - Cindy Bullens
Over The Rainbow - Martina McBride

Annie said...

I suggest "The Child is Gone" by Fiona Apple.

Holly said...

One of my favs is Still by Gerritt Hofsink

TwoDogMama said...

I missed this too but I have some to add:

So Hard - Dixie Chicks
Stolen - Dashboard Confessional
Open Your Eyes - Snow Patrol

I'm sure I'll have more.

TwoDogMama said...

Here With Me - Dido
Solider - Ingrid Michaelson
Bring the Rain - MercyMe

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
London Bombs - Eskimo Joe (aussie band, my baby boy's favorite song inutero and one we played for his memorial service. it's a bit melancholy but it fits. especially the line "you were lost forever, in the early days of winter".)

Jayme said...

Last Kiss- Pearl Jam

Anonymous said...

On the 27th December 2009 my nephew Max Jacob Branch was born asleep, he was perfect. Watching my brother carry his tiny coffin was horrific and something I will never forget, as a big sister I needed to help him but I couldn't. We wrote a song which is dedicated to all the angels who can't be here with us.
I'm sorry but I only have a link to the preview of the song. The Angel families from the UK who have heard it think its beautiful, I would like to think that our friends in the US might like it as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swMbXNdgFp4

Regards Kelly

Courtney said...

I have added all of the songs from here on up. Thank you for the suggestions everyone. If you have more that would like to be added, please feel free to email me at courtney@facesofloss.com

Jillyn said...

I miss you/Slipped Away by Avril Lavigne

View From Heaven by Yellowcard

Her Diamonds by Rob Thomas

Into the West by Annie Lennox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqylCDJmzqY

I'll Hold You In Heaven by Stacey Noll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qtvf94sCY4&feature=related

Be Ok by Ingrid Michaelson

Celia said...

Beauty From Pain by SuperChick

It is the name of my blog and the song that was sung at my son Noah's funeral, along with Hello, Goodbye by Michael W. Smith. It is a very hauntingly beautiful song.

I plan to check out the other songs you have listed as I am currently in the process of downloading songs to make a CD of songs for my Noah.

Courtney said...

All songs have been added to this point.

The Avril Lavigne song is under Miss You.

Benjamin and Jamie Miller said...

Addison Road - "Hope Now"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwdXqDYfBYQ&feature=related

Mark Schultz - "He will Carry Me"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSXs6f2LMvk

Meredith Andrews - "You're Not Alone"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FXLo3aCkuQ&feature=related

ErinFiat said...

Skillet, "Lucy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8UB3VMN20Q

winecountrygal said...

"Welcome Home" by Michael W. Smith

Jaime said...

"Golden Slumbers" by the Beatles

"Can't Cry Hard Enough" by the Williams Brothers

"One More Day" by Diamond Rio

"I Would've Loved You Anyway" by Faith Hill

Adi said...

"I'll be There" by the Escape Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZAR_adeSYQ&feature=related

Elizabeth said...

John Mayer "When Your Dreaming With a Broken Heart"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOBc19NClDc&playnext=1&list=PLEC304B617934F534

Courtney said...

All songs have been added to this point.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails