Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mom to Solomon Isaiah
July 8, 2010
Pecks Mill, WV

I knew I had always wanted children. I was diagnosed with severe endometriosis in 2004 and that December, they had to remove my left ovary and tube. My husband and I were married in May 2009 and were very excited about starting a family. I saw a fertility specialist in October and was on fertility medicine for 4 months.. The doctor told us there was no way we could get pregnant during the month of March, due to me having 3 cysts on my right ovary and told us not to even expect to be. We knew God was in control anyway and I found out on April 13th, 2010 we were expecting. My husband was at work. I decided to take a test, not even sure why. I took one, laid it over to the side and finished getting ready. Knowing I had ovulation tests and pregnancy tests in the cabinet, when I saw 2 lines, I had to take a 4th look, thinking it was an ovulation test. But it WASN’T. I called my husband and told him the news but he didn’t believe me. A couple weeks prior, I had a friend pee on a pregnancy test for me and I gave it to him for April Fool’s Day.. So, needless to say, I could understand why he didn’t believe me. He told me I would have to take one in front of him for him to believe me, and I did. We were ecstatic. I was finally going to be a MOMMY.

Everything was going great. I was 16 weeks exactly. On July 6th, I worked that day. I came home from work waiting on my husband to get home and we decided to clean out one of the extra bedrooms, getting ready for our little bundle of joy. We were going to find out that Friday what we were having. Around 8pm that evening, I was sitting on the commode and felt something POP. Not sure what was going one, my husband and I decided to go to the local hospital, afraid we wouldn’t make it to the hospital where my OB was. I was nervous. The doctor in the local ER told us everything was ok. I asked for an ultrasound and he told me I didn’t need one. He told me I should just follow up with my OB in a few days. We went home, thinking everything was ok but I decided to call my OB the next morning. They told me to come straight in. The decided to start off doing a Doppler, which they didn’t hear a heartbeat. They took me into the ultrasound room, done the ultrasound and said I had lost ALL my amniotic fluid. I was devastated. They told me they were going to send me next door to the high risk specialist to do another ultrasound and they told me the same thing. I was in shock. They admitted me and told me they were going to give me fluids and antibiotics, telling me that there’s a 99% chance the baby wouldn’t make it but we were praying for that 1%. They done a Doppler at 8:30 and 10:30 that evening and our little one had a heartbeat. They said his little foot was in the canal keeping what fluid was left up inside me.. He was a smart little one… I had some liver enzyme levels that came back elevated, so they decided the next morning, they were going to do an ultrasound on my liver and gallbladder.

6:00 am, Thursday morning, he had a heartbeat. They sent me down the hallway to the ultrasound room at 7:30 that morning and done the ultrasound on my liver and gallbladder and then on the baby..There was NO heartbeat.. I was again, in shock. My husband was in the room with me. We both just sit and cried. They wheeled me back to my room where my mom was waiting on us and my husband had to tell her the news. She started balling and crying. Her baby girl had lost her baby.

Around 10:30 that morning, they told me I was going to have to deliver the baby. I begged them not to make me. They said it would just be like a strong menstrual cramp. They induced me around 10:45 and I delivered my beautiful 6 ½ ounce and 7 inch long, BOY…We named him Solomon Isaiah. They asked me if I wanted to hold him, I was pretty knocked out but said yes. My husband and I just stared at him. He had the longest legs with the prettiest little nose and lips. He was perfect….. I started having contractions again to deliver the placenta but couldn’t. They had to do an emergency D&C…. When I came out of surgery, my husband and my mom were waiting on me.

The nurses were wonderful. They had given us a cloth bag with his announcement, his feet print, and a disposable camera with pictures they took of Solomon and told us if we wanted to get them developed, we could. Of course, we did….. The doctor told us it was more than likely caused from an incompetent cervix but told us it can be prevented the next time.. My husband and I decided a few weeks later to get away and go for a vacation and I got my baby’s feet print tattooed on my foot… They are beautiful, just like my baby boy!!!!!!!!!

You can contact Mary at guraqtpy@yahoo.com


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails