Monday, January 31, 2011
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Friday, January 28, 2011
Thursday, January 27, 2011
My husband and I had spent a year trying unsuccessfully to get pregnant. A trip to the doctors confirmed one of our greatest fears, that we might never conceive. We decided that rather than give in and give up, we’d fight for the one thing we wanted most- to be parents. And so we did.
Have a blog? Each month we’ll have a creative topic for you to write about on it. Once you’ve written your post (or found an older post that fits the topic), you’ll be able add your link below and read others who have submitted as well.
February’s topic: Valentine's Day is quickly approaching. Write about something special a friend, family member, or other loved one did for you after your baby(ies) died that really touched your heart.
Don’t have a blog yet, but want to participate in the challenge? Click here for simple instructions on how to start a blog (it’s really easy!)
To submit your blog post, follow the instructions below.
1. Scroll down and click on the 'click here to enter' link at the bottom of this post.
2. Please make sure the post is about the topic for this month. It can be a blog post that you wrote a month ago or more recently.
3. Use YOUR blog post.
4. When linking up, only link to your February topic blog post, not your main blog URL. (incorrect links may be deleted.)
5. Visit other participants and leave comments. This is a great way to meet other babyloss mamas!
This Linky Tool will be kept open until February 28th. So please submit before that date!
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Friday, January 21, 2011
Thursday, January 20, 2011
He flipped the switch and the room darkened. “Maybe now we will get a clearer view” he said.
I stared at the screen and it was still. Nothing. No movement or fluttering at all. “There is no heartbeat is there?” I said, fighting back tears.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
And so, the idea of our Face2Face Friendship Groups was born.
Face2Face Friendship Groups are not meant to be formal ‘support groups,’ but rather simple gatherings of friends who share a deep common bond. Groups of friends hanging out, enjoying a meal or a cup of coffee (or tea! Or wine!), and talking about their babies.
In order to get these groups up and running, we need your help. We will be looking for mamas to sign up as Group Leaders for their cities/areas in the coming weeks/months.
1. Sign up to be a Group Leader in your city/area by filling out this application form. If more than one person signs up for the same area, we may ask you to work together as Co-Leaders.
2. Decide on a time and location for your group meetings. We recommend choosing a public spot, like a restaurant or coffee shop, but it’s all up to you! You might choose to meet once a month, bi-weekly, or b-monthly--again, it’s up to you.
3. Send your meeting details to us, so we can add your group to the directory on the Face2Face Friendship Groups page on the website (coming soon!) Your name and contact information will be listed and interested women will be encouraged to contact you with questions.
4. Set up a Facebook page for your group (optional) and send us the link to include with your group details.
5. We will send you a Group Leader Intro Packet, as well as periodic tips, ideas, and materials to help make your group successful. We are here to support you, but as a Group Leader, you will be responsible for deciding what (if any) structure your group will have.
6. As new groups are formed, they will be added to the soon-to-be-unveiled Face2Face Friendship Groups page on the website, so that new Faces mamas can search for groups to hook up with in their areas.
Group Leader ‘Requirements’:
- Must have personally experienced the loss of a baby at some point in their lives (gestation/age does not matter, nor does the year in which the loss occurred!)
- Must be able to commit to being a Group Leader for a minimum of 6 months
- Desirable traits: responsible, dependable, organized, outgoing, good communicator, creative, empathetic, fun!
- Determine group meeting dates, times, and location (for example, the 2nd Tuesday of the month, 7pm, at the Starbucks in St. Louis Park), and communicate any changes/cancellations to Faces staff.
- Serve as primary contact in your area. This includes communicating with new Faces mamas interested in joining/attending your group, etc.
- Decide upon the structure (if any) of your group. Will you just get together and chat? Will you do a sort of book club? Will you come up with discussion questions before each meeting? It’s up to you!
- Recruit people to join your group. In addition to being listed on the Faces website, you may wish to have your group listed with your local hospital/birth center/clinic, or even personally invite women from your area as you see them post stories on facesofloss.com.
- Keep a listing of all group members/attendees, so that you can send group meeting reminders, changes, etc.
Ps. For those not interested in being a Group Leader, but who would like to join a Face2Face Friendship Group, keep an eye out for a new group directory/listing soon! :)