Friday, December 3, 2010


Brittany
Mom to Gabriella Ann
Miscarried at 9 weeks on December 25th, 2008
Maysville, Kentucky

I found out I was pregnant when my boyfriend (now husband) came home from work and with him he had brought a pregnancy test. He said he just had a feeling and asked me to take it, so i did.  Sure enough 3 minutes later there where 2 little pink lines, I was ecstatic. When I showed him he was excited also. 

We sat down together and calculated back the weeks to see how far along I was. I was then about 8 weeks pregnant. We decided not to tell anyone and wait until the next week and call the OBGYN.  That was Dec 22.  Three days later my brother and I got into a huge argument and about an hour later I started getting really bad cramps, I went to the bathroom and say that I had started bleeding.  I called the dr at the emergency room about it and he told me what was happening, I was miscarrying my baby. 

I knew this wasn't my period because I was already about a month late for that, and over the next hour and a half I kept bleeding. When I finally stopped and I wiped and stood up, I looked into the toilet and screamed. All I saw was a blood filled toilet and a bloody clump and I knew that was my baby. 

Jerehmiah came in and saw why I was screaming and immediately started to cry. He flushed the toilet, and with it our baby. It was hard then and it still is hard to wrap my head around the fact that I should have 2 children and I only have one. But she is beautiful and healthy and she carries on her big sisters middle name. 

You can contact Brittany at shortwireisrad@yahoo.com   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails