Thursday, September 9, 2010


Lorraine
Mom to my angel Aubrey Nicole Fries 
June 11th, 2010 - June 12th, 2010
Amesbury, MA

It was an unplanned pregnancy but as soon as me and my boyfriend found out we could not have been more excited. We had everything ready, crib, swing, bouncer, and all. Aubrey was going to be our first child and she would be a spoiled princess. Everywhere we went we would always find something we needed to buy for her. 


It was a rough pregnancy. I had low amniotic fluid all through out and I had ultrasounds done every week. She would never cooperate during ultrasounds so they sent us to Boston Children's Hospital to get a fetal echo done on her heart. Everything was normal, they found nothing wrong. We continued weekly ultrasounds and they never found anything wrong.
 
On Friday June 11th, 1 day after my due date, she wasn't moving as much as she used to. I called my doctor and they told me to go to the hospital for an NST. The nurse hooked me up and she seemed very sleepy, she gave me apple juice and Aubrey perked up after a couple minutes. They sent me to the ultrasound just to be sure everything was okay. She didn't move for 20 minutes on the ultrasound so they called my doctor and sent me in for a c-section. The doctor said the placenta was getting old and she was ready to come out.
 
My daughter, Aubrey Nicole Fries, was born on June 11th at 4:12. She was a beautiful 7 lbs 4 oz, 20 1/2 inches long. They showed me her above the curtain and she was gorgeous. She cried for about 2 minutes then the pediatric doctor came over and said she was very sick. She wasn't breathing well on her own and she wouldn't "pink up". They showed me her again before they took her to the NICU. We waited so long to hear what was going on with her. Aubrey's right lung was collapsed and her oxygen level was way down. They needed to take her to Boston Children's Hospital for more care than they had at the small hospital. They weren't sure if she would even make the 45 minutes to get there. We got a call and she made it down there, her oxygen level came up a little and she was doing better than she had been.

Then I got a call around 3 AM saying that she's not doing well and her father needed to come down and be with her while they transferred me to a connecting hospital. When I got to the connecting hospital they admitted me and sent me straight to be with my boyfriend. As soon as I saw him I knew she was gone. She died on June 12th around 6 AM. She fought for her life for 14 hours. we held her for hours, it was the first time I held her and she wasn't alive. She is beautiful and I'm proud to call her my first born and my angel.

Lorraine blogs at offinmyownworld8@aol.com

3 comments:

T.G said...

LORRAINE WE ALL LOVE YOU AND MISS AUBREY I THINK OF HER DAILY SHE WILL ALLWAYS BE WITH US ALLWAYS OUR BEAUTIFUL LIL SUNSHINE TG

Anonymous said...

Lou I'm sorry you and Billy had to go through all of this. If anyone deserved this lil princess it was definitely you and I'm sorry she was taken from you so suddenly. She is definitely a beautiful angel

Aunt Karen said...

Lorraine, we all miss our beautiful baby Aubrey. Know she will never be forgotten & she will always be loved by so many. She has touched the lives of so many & has made our family stronger & closer then ever before. You are an amazing and strong woman, mommy & soon to be wife :) I love you little sis <3

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails