Monday, February 7, 2011


Alice
Mom to
Bear Hamilton
Born still on November 29, 2010
London, England
 
My darling first born died four days before he was due. It was, of course, a perfect pregnancy. Low risk, the midwives kept saying. They were so blase about me, I was referred to the birth centre where it was intended that I would deliver my baby in water. That was until that fateful Thursday when I noticed a subtle change in his movements. In short, he had died some time when I was oblivious and happy and washing his clothes.
The delivery was beautiful. It was dignified and happy and I felt warm and content that I had brought my boy into this world.
 
We stayed with him and hugged and kissed him for four glorious hours.
 
Now I am heartbroken.
 
She can be contacted at: alicelouisepullen@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails