Thursday, December 16, 2010

Story of HOPE

Sarah 
Elijah 09/18/08 
I have had several early miscarriages before and after the loss of Elijah.  As a result, I have dealt with my grief through blogging and writing.
Writing through the emotions of pregnancy loss has brought clarity and a realistic point of view to my healing process.  Going back and reading my posts makes me realize that the pain is really just a short time in my life.  I will always remember my babies, but the heart does heal.  

My inspiration came from my need to sort out my thoughts and emotions.  I felt alone in my mind.  There are so many things you feel and think during a pregnancy loss ~ it is overwhelming.  I wanted to reach other women who are lost and who feel they are alone.  I have encouraged several friends who have had a loss to start blogging . . . and they have!  I have been blogging for years, but after my last pregnancy loss I wrote about the process ~ something I hadn't done before.  Looking back, now I wish I would have wrote about all my losses before this one.  
I feel like some of my frequent readers get annoyed with me writing about pregnancy loss.  Sometimes I feel like I am "flaunting" my pain . . . I have to remind myself that the blog really is for me and not to worry about what other people think.   
I know that sharing my story openly has helped people.  For example, a childhood friend, whom I haven't seen or talked to in over a decade emailed me about one of my blogs. She had recently had a miscarriage... she expressed her gratitude for my honesty and ability to write about it.  She told me how no one she knows talks about her angel baby and she feels very much alone.  I asked my husband if men had opportunities to talk to other men about miscarriage... he said that it is just something they don't talk about, but wishes they did.  There are so many other men and women who never before speak about their pregnancy losses  ~ we need to break the silence!  
Something I find helpful is this inspirational quote:  “If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." (Robert Murray M'Cheyne)
You can go here to read more about Sarah’s story

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails