Monday, October 4, 2010


Karen
Mom to Alexander James Struzik
April 17th, 2002
Waterloo, New York

It was amazing to see so many women and there are so many stories, but we all loved our babies. We had a baby boy, Alexander James, 04/17/2002 who we lost to stillbirth. 

 I went in to have a normal appointment and the doctor could not locate his heartbeat. Going to ultrasound was a nightmare….I think that has to be one of the worst experiences. They never found anything wrong with Alex..which can be hard at times..not knowing why…I had some beautiful nurses at our hospital who took pictures and were so very kind. They also gave me footprints, pieces of hair, and fingerprints. I have his name written on a card they did for all the new babies. I couldn’t have made it without these angels. I had two little girls at the time , a 7 year old and a 1 year old.(Now 17 and 10)
 
My husband and I made it through this. He is still so precious to us ever day. We had a rainbow baby , Julianna Rose, who really is like a little piece of sunshine after the rain. Losing Alex was devastating. I can admit that. Nothing else can compare to burying a child. Not nonsense at work,, friends, family , or politics. 
 
We are all amazingly strong. Something like this changes you. You are never the same person. Somehow, you make it through one day at a time.  I appreciate this website, because people generally change the subject so quickly because it makes them feel uncomfortable. There are not many people you can turn to .
But now, I try to reach out to others who have gone through the same thing- because absolutely nothing can compare to it. nothing. You are all amazing and beautiful and I thank you for this website.
 
You can contact Karen at struziks@yahoo.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails