Sunday, October 10, 2010


Ivy
Early Miscarriage
Norman, Oklahoma

When we found out we were pregnant with out little angel, my hubby and I were young and newly married. I was 18 and he was 24. We had only been married for 4 months. Total shock ran over us when we got those two pink lines.

We only got 3 days of happiness and then our world came crashing down. I knew something was wrong that Sunday, when I woke up and I had unbearable cramps. Hubby was at work and I called him and told him something was wrong. I told him I was going to wait it out a little bit and see if I started bleeding.
 
A few hours later the bleeding started and my mom took me to the hospital. At the hospital I was in so much pain (mentally and physically). I just wanted my husband to be there and to hold me.(He was stuck at work). I was taken back to a room and checked. They told me that I was in process of miscarrying and that there wasn't anything they could do. They sent me home and told me to take some Tylenol.
 
It took me a little over a week to pass my baby. It was the worst week of my life. It was filled with pain, sorrow, sleeping, and crying. That is all I could manage.
 
For those who are new on this journey, I want to tell you to communicate with your spouses. It is a major part in healing.
 
All in all though, I think it has brought us a lot closer together and closer to God. It has also made our marriage stronger (even if it almost tore us apart first).

You can contact Ivy at sissygurl_02@yahoo.com

1 comments:

Holly said...

I'm sorry the hospital didn't give you more support, Ivy! (((hug)))

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails