Tuesday, October 12, 2010


Dondra
3 First Trimester Miscarriages
Dallas, Texas

We starting trying for a family in October 2008. We were thrilled when we finally saw two lines after a couple of months in Jan 2009. We went in for our first ultrasound and there was no heartbeat. We had a follow-up a week later and still no heartbeat. I had a D&C the same day. It was really hard time for us.

We started trying again and I found out I was pregnant again in September 2009. We were so excited that it happened again so quickly and thought that was it. A week later I started bleeding and my second miscarriage was confirmed. After that my doctor had a repeat pregnancy loss panel run and nothing came up.

So we started trying again after receiving the results. I was pregnant again in April 2010. We thought for sure this would be it because third times the charm, right? Well, not in our case. Once again we went in for our first ultrasound and no heartbeat and nothing on the the follow-up ultrasound either. I tried to let it happen naturally but after a few weeks I was tired of waiting and had my second D&C.
 
At my follow-up appointment my OB/GYN recommended we see a Reproductive Endocrinologist. We started seeing him in June 2010. After more testing, I was diagnosed with a uterine septum, endometriosis, low Protein S, MTHFR C677t hetero, and Factor II hetero. Thankfully, these can be treated and there is a chance that I will be able to carry a baby to term. Somedays I am hopful and some days I think it will never happen. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails