Tuesday, October 12, 2010


Crystal
Miscarriage May 5th, 2009
Taylorsville, Utah

My husband and I wanted to have all of our children close together. Our first two are 16 months apart. I knew that our 3rd wouldn't be as close, but we just kept trying. On April 28th I had a positive pregnancy test. We were so excited! We told everyone and started making plans. My dad has a condo in Snowbird that we visit every year so we drove up there and were staying overnight for a couple of nights.

 Our last day there May 5th, I was sitting at the table and I felt a little crampy (nothing to worry about) I thought. I know cramping a little bit in early pregnancy is normal. I went into the bathroom and noticed a very small spot of blood on my underwear, again I thought (nothing to worry about.) We decide to go swimming so we went down to the pool. We'd been there for about a half an hour when all of the sudden I started getting the worst pain I've ever felt. It radiated all the way into my back. The only way I could get any relief was to swim. I couldn't play with my kids because that required me to sit still. I told my husband that I was in too much pain and had to get out.

I got out of the pool and walked the 2 feet it took me to get to my cover up and flip flops. I was grabbing my things so I could go rinse off and I saw a pool of blood under my feet, I looked at my legs and blood was just running down them. I told my husband and then went to the shower, hoping that the warm water would make the pain go away. It didn't.

We got back to our condo and I changed into my clothes, had my husband change into his and change our two older girls. We said goodbye to my Dad and left. As we were walking to the car I got a very sharp pain that made me drop to my knees. As soon as I could stand we rushed to the car. I told my husband to not take me to the hospital, to let me lay down a little bit to see if it helped (now I know I should have gone.) So he just drove home.

As soon as we got inside the house I ran to the bathroom so I could get control of the bleeding, put a pad on etc. I sat down on the toilet and immediately started passing baseball size clots. I yelled for my husband and started scooping them out of the toilet because I had read to bring that sort of thing to the hospital. I remember sitting there thinking "I'm holding my baby" I knew I wasn't pregnant anymore.

That was the worst day of my life. It's still hard to think about. But there was a light at the end of the tunnel. We just had our rainbow baby September 2nd 2010.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails