Tuesday, October 12, 2010


Cherish
Mom to McKenzy Christine
March 19th, 2007 - August 1st, 2007
San Angelo, Texas

On March 19th 07 I brought a precious baby girl into this world named McKenzy weighing in at 6 pounds and 3 ounces and 19 inches long. She was daddys girl and mommy's world. Her brother loved her as well and he was only seventeen months old. 

She went from being this small little fragile baby to the size of a two year old by the time of her death. She was the happiest smiling little girl. She was so full of life. On August 1st 2007, I awoke to find my four month old daughter not breathing. I woke her father and he took her to the living room and layed her on the floor as I called 911. He started CPR along with my sister who we had lived with at the time. They worked on my daughter until the firefighters and EMT arrived, but it was to late. She had been deceased for they said about an hour or two. 

My life as I knew felt like it had ended and a peice of me I knew would never be the same. It has been three years since the passing of my angel and I have gone threw so much since. I turned to alcohol as soon as my child passed and pushed everyone who I loved away. For the first 7 months I didn't do anything and my son is the one who changed everything. He was sitting in the living room one afternoon and I over heard him call my sister mom, I was so upset and I went to my room and sat there and thought to myself how could you let yourself go like this? Would McKenzy want this for her mother and her brother? That's when I started changing. 

I am 24 years old and have experienced more things in my life than most people do their entire lives. I am strong and I did have a another child I had to live for. From that moment on I have devoted my life to God and my son. He is my reason for being and I know his sister is proud. I am more will powered than I have ever been and I know there is nothing life can throw me that I cant overcome. My daughter's death took apart of me and it will never be replaced but I can fill that hole with memories. I strive everyday to make my children proud. I am and never will be the same but I do know I can take on anything and I live my life to the up most fullest.. Thank you for listening to my story and it comforts me to know I am NOT alone

You can contact Cherish at connmcken0507@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cherish, thank you for sharing your story. Give that beautiful boy a great big hug and Hug yourself too. Stay strong ( Hugs )

Jenny said...

Hugs, im so very sorry for your loss. Im glad you have brought yourself into a better place. There have been times that I have wished I liked to drink more than i do so i could hide myself away from the world. Im so tired :( thank you for sharing your story.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails