Wednesday, October 20, 2010


Andrea
First Angel lost in March 2009 at 8 weeks
Second Angel lost July 30th, 2009 at 12 weeks
Fraser, Michigan

My name is Andrea and I'm the loving mom to my daughter Lauren ( Dec 07 ). my son Max ( Jul 10 ) and 2 Angel Babies that have left before we got the chance to meet them.

My husband Todd and I got married in 2007 and were expecting our first child Lauren shortly after. My pregnancy was perfect, I had no problems, no bleeding, nothing. She was born December 28th and she is in every way perfect! She is smart and beautiful and the sunshine of our lives.

Shortly after Lauren's first birthday we decided, that we want to give her a sibling and started trying right away. I got pregnant in our second month of trying and we were over the moon. I was 8 weeks along when I started bleeding.... My OB confirmed shortly after during an ultrasound that I had lost our precious baby. Talking to him, he assured me, that early miscarriages are "common" and this would never happen again.

So we started trying right away again and we found out on Mother's Day that I was pregnant again. This time, everything looked good, an early ultrasound at 6 weeks showed a strong heartbeat. We went in for our next ultrasound at 14 weeks and found out that our baby had died around 12 weeks. My body refused to let go of our precious baby, making a D&C necessary.

After my second miscarriage, my OB ordered a bunch of blood tests to determine the cause. I was then diagnosed with MTHFR, a blood clotting disorder and sent to see a high risk OB.

My high risk OB ( who is the most amazing doctor I have ever met ), put me on Folgard ( Folic Acid, Vitamins B12 and B6 ) and told me to come in the second I have a positive pregnancy test. I got pregnant right away again and was put on daily blood thinner shots throughout my whole pregnancy.

His treatment plan worked and I gave birth to my beautiful baby boy Max in July 2010.
 
You can contact Andrea at andrea_fiebelkorn@yahoo.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails