Friday, September 24, 2010


Peggy
Eight First Trimester Miscarriages
Farmington Hills, MI

I will keep this on the short side because it is a story that spanned 9 years. We found out we were pregnant for the first time in December of 1998 after being married for just over a year. Since it was December, we figured Christmas was the perfect time to tell our families and we were so excited and bursting to tell them. 

 On Christmas Eve, I started bleeding and ended up in the emergency room on Christmas morning to find out that we had lost our baby. We were just heartbroken and I knew that Christmas would never be the same. I would always look back on that day and remember that heartbreak. We went on to have 5 more miscarriages after that and finally, on our last try, in August of 2004, we managed to make it and have a beautiful and healthy  little girl who was blessed with an extra chromosome... Down syndrome. We both decided within moments of them telling us that she had Down syndrome, that we needed to have more then one child. 

After she was born, we had 2 more miscarriages and then in May of 2007, we found out we were pregnant for the 10th time. 10 times... I could hardly believe that I had gone on this rollercoaster ride 10 times! In December of 2007, our second little girl made an early arrival. On the morning I was to bring her home, as had happened the 9 years before, I thought back to that Christmas morning of 1998. It was Christmas morning of 2007 and we were taking home our second beautiful daughter. 9 years to the day, our family was complete and once again, I knew that I would look back on that day and know that Christmas would never be the same again.

I have had so many people ask me how you can go through all of that. I can only credit it to three things... persistence, hope and faith.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thank you for sharing your story. I have had three and I feel like I cannot go on. Your story gives me hope. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful story to share. You might want to check out a 'blessing in a blog' called Enjoying The Little Things by Kelle Hampton.
She has a newborn named Nella who too has an extra chromosome.
All the best!!♥

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails