Friday, August 20, 2010

Mom to twin sons Emmett and Everett
Born too early on August 4th, 2010
Puyallup, Washington

My husband and I married on August 12th, 2006 after having been engaged for 7 years. It was truly one of the best days of my life. Soon after being married we began to try and start a family. 

Things were not working out so well and I sought out help. My first OB had me try 4 rounds of Clomid before referring me to a specialist. (I have always know that my body has had issues since I was very young. I just never expected them to be so bad). I was told that I have severely bad Endometriosis, cyst, amongst other issues and that I needed surgery quickly. On January 30th, 2009 I went in for a Laparoscopy to clean out all the endometriosis, which also led to a d&c. After a long road of recovery we started on our journey of IVF.

In October of 2009 we found out that we were pregnant. My husband and I were so excited, but at 5 weeks we went in for the ultrasound and discovered that it was ectopic miscarriage. I was put on meds to clean out my system and sent back in to have another d&c.

We again tried in February 2010 with all the IVF treatments. In March we were on our way in to have the transfer done, but received a call that our embryos did not make it out of the unfreezing process. I refused to give up and we kept on going. That April we found out that we were pregnant and that there was a good chance it was twins. I have never felt so excited in all my life.

At 5 weeks we had the first ultrasound and there they were. You could see both there little hearts beating away. It was so amazing. We continued going in every two weeks for ultrasounds and check ups. My last ultrasound was at 17 weeks and everything looked great. They were growing well and had great heart beats. The doctor told us that we would get to find out at our 20 week appointment what they were. Unfortunately we never made it that far.

On August 3rd, I went into labor with my twin babies at 19 1/2 weeks very unexpectedly. That morning I got up and did my morning routine before leaving to go watch my nephew, I was not expecting to all of a sudden feel pressure and cramping. I quickly called my husband and told him to come home right away, that something was wrong, very wrong. I was taken to the hospital by ambulance and checked right away by the ER doctor. He proceeded to call the on-call OB who checked me and had to break the bad news that I was in labor and there was nothing we could do.

I was admitted to Labor and Deliver where we waited for several hours to deliver our babies. At that time we did not know they were boys. They discovered that I had gone into labor due to infections amongst other things. We tried to save one of the babies who still had a very strong beating heart.  We could only do so if I did not run a fever, the fever meaning infection. Unfortunately I ended up with one. My fever jumped so high so fast the doctor told us we could not save him, and now I was getting sicker. It was time to deliver them.

Our sons were born August 4th at 2:37am and 2:48am after 18 hours of labor. Our son Emmett had already passed when he was born, but our son Everett lived for about 15 minutes before he passed in our arms. They are the most precious gifts that my husband and I have ever received and we miss them so much. Not a day has passed without a tear being shed, or a thought of them. We love them truly. There are our little buddies.

I am struggling so much to just get through the days. It hurts more than I can describe. God has our little angels with him, and I know they are safe, but I wish they were still growing in my belly

You can contact Leslie at


Tracey said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I went through a very similar experience and it's the hardest thing I've had to go through. I wish you peace and strength in this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

I just went through a similar experice just 2 days before you. I struggled with infertility treatments for 2 1/2 years. Had a miscarriage in Nov 2009. In March of this year, did another transfer and got pregnant with twins! We were so excited, we were finally getting what we dreamed about after so long. I had a great pregnancy up until that awful day. I went into Labor on July 31st, at just 22w3days..and delivered my beautiful son and daughter 3 days later on Aug 2, 2010. It was the worst day of my life. I had so many hopes and dreams for them and our family and it was ripped away from us. Email me if you ever want to talk, maybe we could help each other through it. Janet

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails